Friday, September 21, 2007

I love Friday night long runs

Just finished a 14 mile long run today after school. I procrastinated and stood around making fun of all our students and coworkers until 4pm and then headed out the door. Holy crap it was hot, 85' but there was a nice breeze. That nice breeze seemed to suck all the moisture from my mouth though!!

I finished a 8 mile loop in 73 minutes, then I refueled with some vanilla gu and grabbed some water for the next six miles. I felt really good the whole run, the uphills got tough after about mile 7, but hopefully there are not hills in Memphis!! I hear Tennessee is pretty flat in December!! Can you tell I am a little punchy right now, it is almost 10:00pm and my house is disgusting and I should be picking it up, but instead here I sit, procrastinating for yet the second time today!!

Take care!

4 comments:

Wes said...

14 miles after school? You ROCK! girl!! Woot woot!!! Ummmm. Tennessee? Yea, its like really flat {rolls eyes}. I haven't been to Memphis in ages, so I hope your are right :-)

Legs and Wings said...

Hey sugar, there's never enough time to pick up and rearrange the house. Relax.

iJuls said...

Way to go.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the long run and making fun of the kids before you headed out :)