Sunday, February 04, 2007

Thank you



A big thanks to the helpful hints for more effecient breathing while swimming. I'll let you know how they worked. Today Sadie, my new running partner doggie, went on the rail trail for 6 miles and then she relunctantly waited in the car while I ran another four. I am trying to get ready for a half marathon in three weeks. The picture on the left was me at the finish last year. I was TIRED! I plan to run between ten and twelve each weekend before the race. I am happy with today's run because it is ten degrees and I couldn't find my face mask. My cheeks were FROZEN! I also was full of energy the whole run which felt really great.

I have to get on the bike soon. It is lonely out there on the trainer in the yucky garage!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Good for you getting out there is this frigid weather. The only thing I like frozen is my drinks!

Wes said...

I looked at those face masks at the sporting goods store yesterday! Man could I have used them on my bike two weeks ago. My lips were so wind burned. Nice run in the cold! Some guy told me I was hard core today, and it was like close to 40 degrees! Now I can say, "Sure I am, but you should see RforC. Now SHE is hard core!"

Vickie said...

Not sure where you are, but it was WAY too cold to run outside here. Cold as it was, it was probably easier than running on a treadmill!

Unknown said...

Sounds cold. It's warmed up here in the PNW, but I wouldn't mind one more blast of snow before we said goodbye to winter.