Sunday, May 14, 2006

Games People Play

With the title of this post and my new job, you probably thought you were going to get a juicy story. SORRY! I was just talking about how important your state of mind is to accomplish much of anything. Take running, to run a marathon you have to be able to screw with your own mind. Ask any marathoner and they will tell you the games they play with themselves to make the task easier. I have often said that I had the conditioning to run/jog a marathon, but my mind wasn't into it. In essence, there was no will to my way! The opposite is true sometimes too. I only had a crappy training base for Boston, but my mind was totally into the task. I am amazed at what power our brains have over us.

My foot is almost completely healed. The only time it hurts sometimes is going downhill. Yes, at times, I have had to now walk downhill. Let me tell you, it is bad enough that I feel like I need a wagon to haul my fat ass up hills, but now I have to walk downhill too. It is just too much to bear!

Happy Mother's Day to all you running mamas!

1 comment:

Legs and Wings said...

I was just thinking about that this morning. I work well...at work when I'm under plenty of pressure. But, with running I wither under the weight. I tend to run well when I'm not psyched out or over-pumped about the event. I find it hard to relax and take it easy.