Friday, February 24, 2006

Mental Preparation for Colchester Half-Marathon

Tomorrow my running buddies and I are running the Colchester 1/2 marathon and I am totally freaking out. My longest run since forever has been ten miles and my hip has been whining lately anytime I run over about six miles. If I was not an obsessive runner, I would definitely not run this race. My body is telling me no, but my head is telling me yes- isn't that the opposite of some silly song about taking the plunge in another area of our lives?!?

I ran the Hyannis 1/2 marathon about three years ago in Feb. and I definitely regretted it. I had just fell on some ice about a week before the race and was just starting to heal and that marathon kicked my butt. I was very upset with my finishing time of 2:10 and now I am only hoping to finish that fast. Oh well, in any event, I should have fun hanging out with my friends before and after the race! Report to follow the race.

4 comments:

Jank said...

Run Fast! We lived in Colchester our first time up here. Good times.

Legs and Wings said...

Hey, sounds like you're really torn about this one. Sounds like you're going through with it and that's good. The best part is that you'll have buddies along for the ride! Hang on to the positive aspects of the run and make it fun. You may surprise yourself! Looking forward to your post-race post. All the best!

CJ said...

Good luck for the run - hope it all goes well.

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Hope the race went well for you!