Saturday, October 29, 2005

Running on Empty

I had a great race last week in Mystic. It was cloudy and about 40 degrees with a little bit of wind. I usually tend to overdress, but my very successful marathon-running friend always tells me to take off some of my clothes - very platonically!! So today I braved the elements and took his advice. I ran in only shorts and a t-shirt, I was a little cold at first, but the other nine miles were much more pleasant for me. I realized how nuts I get when my long sleeves get all sticky sweaty on my arms.

Jon over at chocolaterunnersblog.com provided photographs of his marathon, critisizing virtually everything about his form. Well, I thought he looked pretty good actually, but was I ever glad to have a friend in need when I got my pictures back from this race. I felt totally awesome, refreshed and felt at the end I could have run even faster even though I achieved a personal best (1:25:45 for ten miles). BUT my photos tell another story! Oh my goodness, I look like I am running the 25th mile of my worst marathon. My form is awful, I look exhausted, YUCK! I guess I kinda like the finish line photo. The photographers were stationed on uphills, so that might explain the funny facial expressions or the over-exaggerated forward posture. You can see for yourself, if you want a good laugh at
islandphoto.com. Then press Mystic Places Marathon. Then put in my bib number 1679. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to link you! Even my arm swing is so obviously bad. Aughhhhhh! I really feel like I suck sometimes.

Anyway on to the next race. This Sunday I will run a 5K in my hometown hopefully the running chick won't be there!! Just kidding, Dianna, I love getting beat by you! Report to follow the race!

4 comments:

Run for Chocolate said...

You can view the pics on islandphoto.com. Press Mystic Marathon and my bib 1679. Sorry I couldn't figure out how to link it!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Hey, they look like good pics to me. Congrats on the race! And my secret running goal is to beat The Running Chick. :)

CJ said...

Those photos aren't that bad - I wouldn't worry about it. Looks like a great place for a race and well done on your PB! BTW your finish photo is a great shot!

Running Chick said...

great race!! (jon's goal isn't really all that secret now is it?)