- Below is a breakdown of my race performances this year:
- Jan Brian Aselton 5K 24:43
- Feb Colchester 1/2 marathon 2:05
- March Pi Race 5K 25:02
- April BOSTON MARATHON 4:40
- June Xtreme Scrambler 5kish 28:30
- July Glorious Gallop 5K 23:30
- Aug Xtreme Scrambler 5kish 27:40
- Sept New Haven Road Race 20K 1:57
- Oct Mystic Places 10 Miler 1:26
- Nov Thanksgiving Race 5 Miler 48:01
- Dec Santa's Run 3.5 miler 28:53
I am really proud that I did a race almost every month, all except May. In May, my son and I volunteered at the Nipmuck Trail Marathon, so I kinda count that as a "doing" a race. Of course, my high point was the Boston Marathon. That was so awesome. Someday I will qualify to run the race on my running merits, not just having family up there to get me a scrub number.
I also enjoyed running the Xtreme Scramble in Hartford, Ct. That was a race with all different terrains and challenges and it was also a series so I could see how I progressed. They also had bands to entertain us afterward and great food to replenish us.
I only hope I can stay healthy and compete in 2007 as effortless as I did in 2006. I will say this though, I started 2006 with the mindset that I was running races for ME, not to beat the smoe joe just ahead of me. I would set a goal for myself and run MY own race. It was not easy, but it did allow me to run injury free the whole year!! Knowing your limitations is definitely a plus when it comes to running.