Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Naughty husband, bananas, albino squirrels and A NEW DOG!!

On Sat. night my husband stayed out too late at a setback card tournament and kept me up late deep into Sun. am, 12:30am to be exact. So he got into big trouble and I also woke up late for my Sunday run. I was sorta disoriented the next morning and forgot to eat my before run banana. I'll tell ya, I felt it. I just did not have as much umph! Lesson learned - eat your banana!

While on my run, I saw an albino squirrel. It was orange, I am not kidding. I ran home all excited and told my kids about my new scientific discovery and my oldest son said when he was in Washington, DC, he saw a variety of squirrel colors. In CT, we have the regular old grey squirrel and that's it. Orange, no kidding.

Well, back to the bad husband. He played cards against this guy, John, who has been looking to place his brother's dog with me. I love dogs, well dogs that don't chase me and try to eat me while I am running that is. This guys brother is getting divorce and neither one can take the dog with them, so they need to find a home for her. I was working on my husband letting me take this dog in and then he shot himself in the leg with a nail gun and I felt like I better not bring up the dog thing again for a while.

Whatever John said to my naughty husband convinced him to give the dog a try. I LOVE HER!!!!! She is soooooo cute. I will post a photo asap. My oldest son is in trouble and can't use the computer and he is the one who transfers all my pictures to the computer from my camera for me, I am too busy. I guess I'll have to give him a break so he can do that for me! Anyway, my new old dog's name is Sadie and she is a yellow lab and is eight years old. I took her for a three mile run on MOnday in the woods and she almost had a stroke, so I'll have to scale back a little. I am so happy, I love her. The End.

3 comments:

Wes said...

Woo hoo! That's one lucky dog to find such a good home. But yea, don't kill it before it builds its base running :-)

Triteacher said...

Dogs rock! I am so in love with our Weim, and some of his best friends are yellow labs. 2nd the building the base slo-o-owly comment. :)

Janice said...

Congrats on the dog! I truly believe the saying..."the more people I meet the more I love my dog." My old girl is 12 now. She can't run much, but I do love her.