Thursday, March 09, 2006

Happy Running Week


Pictured above is just some of the northeastern CT running dream team that kicked some booty in the Colchester Half Marathon. They are the only reason I even showed up that day. Thanks to my sweet running buddies, you make my life so much fun!

I have had a great running week. I ran 3miles Monday afternoon, felt great. Then 5 miles on Tuesday and Thursday with an awesome yoga class taking up my time on Wednesday. I think I am happy because the weather has been very end of winter-like. I can feel the end of the storm, can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Yippee!

My family and I are grieving the UCONN Men's basketball team's loss against Syracuse today. I didn't even get to watch them go down in flames because of a very annoying thing called work. Well hopefully, my son's basketball team will play well on Sat. I love this time of year. Once March Madness is all over, I feel lost. I don't know what to do with myself for a while. But for now, turn on the game, baby!

I have given up all sweets for Lent and I am definitely suffering, Jesus would be proud of me;-). I have reduced my candy consumption by 99% (I have snuck a few M&Ms) and I have not lost a freakin' pound. I am so pissed off. I know I am supposed to be sacrificing for Lent, but I really wanted some pay-off for my repention! Oh well, I am hoping to lose 10 pounds to get ready for shorts and bathing suit weather so I have to figure something out. Maybe I should eat less calories or something crazy like that?!

1 comment:

Legs and Wings said...

Good effort this week. And, yes...spring is just around the bend.

Nice picture...a happy bunch of runners.

Have a good weekend.