Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thank you, thank you, thank you

I often thank my hard-working body after a good hard run or race. I am amazed at what I can do. Sometimes I feel like wonder woman, I can even hear that music! Today I am even more thankful. I attended a friend's funeral today. He was only 38 years old and had battled drug addiction most of his adult life and finally the drugs won. I am soooooo grateful I have never had struggles with substances, it looks awfully painful.

Thank your hardworking body every day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so sad and at such a young age. I battled drug addiction in high school and had many close calls where I could have ended up dead or in jail. I was fortunate enough to get out of that crazy loop after high school and I believe I am a stronger person because of it, but many of my friends never got out and are in jail now. My prayers go out to the family.

Jack said...

Wow, that's young. I had several older brothers who fought drug addiction, they were very fortunate to get out of the loop as Rob said. I thank the lord that I never got into it and am running strong today!

Wes said...

One of my son's friend's mother just died from drug addiction in California. Her brain decided to quit working. I'll take this opportunity to thank my body too :-)