Monday, January 25, 2010

Winter Blahs. New Goals.

I have sufficiently rested from the Chicago Marathon, I think. I was not at all interested in running after the marathon. I had fun running the Turkey day race but only because I ran it with my sweet lovable almost brother in law. I suffered through a very grulling (sp?) New Year's Day run. I have run a handful of times in between but mostly I have been staying indoors playing around at the gym. It has been a lot of fun. I love lifting weights, my guns are really getting defined, I almost don't have the upside down muscle shake anymore. Almost :)

But....I was sitting next to my fellow nutty runner, my stepdad while we watched our UCONN Huskies stomp all over Texas on Sat and during half time we got to talking about....running. He is on the way to completing the 50 states marathon challenge and he plans to run a marathon in Nebraska on May 2.

And there's a half-marathon....Maybe just maybe! Any bloggers wanna meet up in Lincoln, Nebraska?

2 comments:

On The Road... said...

Congrats on getting your wind back. Good luck in May with the half. I wish I was anywhere close to the half... I'd be down to fly somewhere new just to run. Some friends and I are doing that this Spring - meeting up in different places. I need all the motivation I can get.

Wes said...

down time after the big event is a MUST! and no :-)