Monday, March 31, 2008

Northern Nipmuck Jitters

I have trained the last three weeks for my qualifying race, Northern Nipmuck Trail Race. It is in Union, CT about 30 minutes from my house. It is a 16 miler, I am a little nervous about the distance since I did two 12 milers and one 14 miler, I know I can do it, but yikes.

One difference for me in this training is that I am committed to my training partners in a more intense way than usual. I decided that the only way I want to run 26 miles in the woods would be if I had some people I love to do it with me. Two of the three women I run with regularly said they would be into the group thing too. It is really fun doing this together. One of the woman was nervous about this weekend's race since she had company and could not run with us this weekend. It felt so good to tell her not to worry we are in the together and we'll get through it. Usually I am like yikes, yeah she is going to hurt after this race. Actually we all are going to be hurting but we will have had fun anyway!!! We get very punchy by the last few miles, we usually start laughing so hard I almost pee my pants, good thing we are in the woods!!!!

1 comment:

Legs and Wings said...

Hey, that's the best thing about the woods although I've been known to let it go right on the road (in the dark...what were you thinking)!

Have a good one.