Saturday, January 21, 2006

Loving the trails

My new running friends are very informed about the trails in Connecticut and they are exposing me to a whole new running world. At first I was apprehensive about the whole trail thing, but I am a convert. I love the cushy feeling under my feet and the beautiful scenery, although I only get to see the scenery in a two feet radius around myself because I am so scared about falling. My friends tell me the person with the most blood at the end wins, but I haven't bought into that sentiment yet! I plan on racing a half marathon on Soapstone Mountain in Stafford, CT. in early spring. I am so excited, it so fun. I love getting so dirty! It reminds me of when I was a kid and playing out in the rain.

Happy running everyone!

7 comments:

Rae said...

Trail running sounds like so much fun! I wish we had more trails around here to run. It seems ike so much more a laid back environment than road racing.

Jack said...

I've already decided that my marathon in March will be my last "city" marathon for awhile, the next one will be on trails! I'm running my first trail race of sorts next weekend, a 10K cross-country.

Michelle said...

i love the trails too. we usually take a hiatus from them in the winter.

Jank said...

Believe it or not, the key to not falling is to look past 2 feet in front of you - focus on what's coming next, and your feet will take care of what's here...

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Trail running is the best!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

The trails are definately great. Much harder than the roads but you get alot of stability work into your ankles. And don't worry about not seeing much yet, your peripheral vision gets much better. :)

Happy trails!

CJ said...

Sounds like I would be a clear winner if its based on the amount of blood! Seriouly, I love running offroad but unfortunately I just don't do enough of it.